Structure of a report:
Title of the report:
Reason of writing (Introduction)
- The aim/objective/purpose of this report is to compare/examine/evaluate/describe/outline (some suggestions)/analyse (some suggestions)/expose/present/give information on/regarding the/recommend/consider/suggest
- This report aims to... etc.
- Nouns: information (remember: not informations), ideas, suggestions, situations, conditions, comments
- in order to improve/decide
- In case of survey/discussion: It is based on a survey conducted among/It is the result of a discussion which took place among
Body (2 paragraphs maximum)
- Headings from the task
- It should be considered, it is worth considering
- The first observation to make is (concerns)
- First of all/Firstly
- Secondly/ Furthermore/Moreover
- In fact
- According to (the majority of respondents)
- However, although, alternatively
- In spite of (the fact [that])/Despite (the fact [that]) + Noun, Pronoun or ...ing
- Predicting the future: The outlook for ... is (far from [+ing]) bright/optimistic/depressing/daunting
- The future looks bleak/remains uncertain/is promising
- This seems unlikely in the near/foreseable future
- It has been stressed that
- I would strongly recommend that ... should + bare infinitive
- In the light of the results of the survey I would advise against...
- I feel it would be to our advantage if...
- The best solution is/would be to...
- This will have an impact on + noun
- As long as/provided that these recommendations are taken into consideration
- In conclusion...
- The reseach shows/demonstrates
- From the research/the evidence we conclude that