Review some cosmetics vocabulary:
A few notes:
- Cosmetics or make-up are both common terms for substances used to enhance the appearance of the face and body.
- Women sometimes say they "put their face on" or wouldn't go outside without their "face on" to describe wearing make-up.
- We say "heavy" make-up to describe someone with a lot of make-up on the face.
- Women who prefer a more "natural look" don't wear as much make-up.
- We "apply" make-up or cosmetics (= to put on make-up).
- We "wear" make-up.
- People call manicures (for the hands) "mani's" and pedicures (for the feet) "Pedi's."
- We say we get our "nails done" when we have a manicure or pedicure.
Listen to see how these words are pronounced here